Restaurant Online Ordering Software Buyer’s Guide
Quick Survey about Restaurant Online Ordering
Today there is a big growth in online food delivery. This is due to both the quarantine and the busyness of people and the reluctance to go out unnecessarily. Here are four key stats about online food delivery:
- more than 63% of U.S. residents order food delivery or takeout at least once a week;
- more than 30% of customers spend at least $50 while ordering food online;
- online food ordering and delivery has grown by more than 300% since 2014;
- over 68% of shoppers said they prefer not to use third-party services and order their favorite meals directly from the restaurant.
Features of Restaurant Online Ordering Software
The internet ordering software for restaurants comes with all the features you need so that you will not even realize what to choose. Customers will now be able to place orders on their computers, tablets, and smartphones also, by just logging into the system.
The restaurant can now develop a customized order management system that will only work in its particular establishment.
- You can change or update the menu online free of cost.
- Customized catering tools will help you to list different types of catering.
- Advanced payment features will help you to accept offline and online payments and credit card payments.
- Templates will help you to make your restaurant’s online ordering software look like other successful chains.
- Pic order feature is like an extra security feature that enables you to take pictures of the food ordered as soon as the order is placed, and they are all digitalized so that they won’t be lost.
This will depend upon the working hours of your restaurant, but you can order the software at night and it can be delivered, and they can start using them by 6 am.
Main Benefits of Restaurant Online Ordering Software
With this software, you can install it immediately without first having to purchase the complete system. Many companies give an opportunity to buy each part of the software individually so you can use it in your restaurant.
With such kinds of services, you can collect orders, track inventory, make payments, and pay bills. We can also provide reports on what products are selling most or you can even create monthly journal reports which will let you analyze the sales so that your restaurant can improve quickly.
How to Choose an Online Ordering System for Restaurant
There is so much software for online ordering but which one to choose? Well, it all depends on you what type of order taking system do you use in your establishment. If it’s the way your restaurant takes orders, then you would have to develop an effective website so that people using it can manage their orders through the server safely and easily because every customer has different preferences and needs.
On the other hand, if they take their orders on their phones from a kiosk which you set up in your restaurant then you’ll need a compact one that can be installed directly inside your restaurant.
This solution is the perfect choice for customers who prefer not to use an internet browser also where they might be worried about viruses and spyware. The small size of the kiosks will make them easily movable and place anywhere in a restaurant. The order management system that we use is developed by professionals who understand various research technologies and market trends.
How much does Restaurant Online Ordering Software Cost?
This cost can be varied because it is highly customizable. The price range will depend upon the customization features you want to be purchased for. Many companies provide free update service for the internet ordering system as you may see you can easily get updates for your online ordering software.